Is your child struggling to read?
You want the best life possible for your child.
Reading is the most important skill he or she needs.
Your child must learn to read. Your child can learn to read.
We must all do whatever it takes.
- Beach Bags – “Beach Bags,” are an online set of printable books and other helps that give parents an easy way to keep their children’s reading skills sharp, with fun summer activities arranged around five themes: weather, pets, transportation, food, and neighborhoods. Each downloadable Beach Bag includes two free “little books” you can print out at home, two related activities, a list of classic picture books for further reading and a list of suggested websites to explore. Beach Bags are offered free to all Ohio families by INFOhio and the Ohio Department of Education.
- BookFLIX – pairs classic video storybooks with related nonfiction e-books. This engaging combination of read-aloud stories and read-along nonfiction builds phonemic awareness; develops phonics decoding skills; and strengthens vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension, all while introducing children to a world of knowledge and exploration. Many of the nonfiction titles cover STEM and social studies standards. Lexile scores are included.
- The Early World of Learning – offers students in grades K-3 narrated stories, interactive reading games, leveled reading practice, and an online encyclopedia. Early World of Learning’s ‘Welcome to Reading’ section offers new readers stories, games, and activities to help them increase their skills. Two other areas on the site–Trek’s Travels and Know It–help children develop vocabulary and comprehension.
- World Book Kids is an encyclopedia for children 5-8. It lets kids explore the world through beautiful photographs, video, and articles written for beginning readers. In addition, World Book Kids includes fun online activities and even science experiments for parents and children to conduct together.
- Common Core Literacy Standards
- Practice OAA test link
Scholastic offers the following site where parents can put in a grade level anywhere from K -12 and get book suggestions for their kids.
3rd Grade Summer Reading Map
3rd Grade Summer Beach bags